A Wee Bit Of Progress

I made some progress on my art quilt that I call The Lindsey Project. I finished up the gluing of the little pieces and got the whole thing off the design wall and basted. So it went from this…

photo (27)

to basically this…

photo 2 (33)

photo 1 (30)

Once I finished gluing the background, I took it off the wall and trimmed it up. I tried gluing small pieces for the eyes and other facial features but it didn’t look good. The face is too small to do anything other than paint the features. Amanda told me it was looking demonic! LOL. Instead, I used my Intense Blocks with a very small round brush and ‘dotted’ on the features. I’m not totally happy with it though because I don’t feel like it looks enough like Lindsey’s true face. I tried thinking back to the quilt I did of Amanda and how much it looked like her but then I realized, she was wearing sunglasses!

photo 1 (2)

It’s much, much easier to make sunglasses and also that quilt is larger.

The easiest way to get the quilt to look like the photo is to use a photo transfer such as this quilt of Leah when she was younger. There was no piecing just thread sketching.

photo 1 (4)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Lindsey Project quilt is basted and ready for stitching now. I placed a piece of cranberry tulle over the whole thing to help keep the pieces in place while I stitch. I have some reservations about how easy it will be to stitch through all the layers and the glue. This was Susan Carlson’s method and she doesn’t seem to have a problem, fingers crossed that I won’t either!

Happy Monday!

Share

4 thoughts on “A Wee Bit Of Progress

  1. Jaye

    Try different things for the eyes and slot them in as tests. Then you can choose the one that looks best. People are so difficult! Really excellent progress! It must feel good.

Comments are closed.